Tuesday 22 October 2013

Jeannettes christmas disaster related to a few of mine

Jeannettes mom Rose Mary wanted to have a really good Chrstmas this time.

"Mom took us thrift store shopping for weeks before christmas, giving us each a dollar to spend on presents. I got a red glass bud vase for Mom, an onyx ashtray for Dad, a model-car kit for Brian, a book about elves for Lori and a stuffed tiger with a loose ear that Mom helped me sew back in place for Maureen"

On Christmas morning Rose Mary took Jeannette and her siblings down to a gas station that sells Christmas trees and got a tree. Everyone was super excited to be having a Christmas on Christmas day. 

When Rex got home he was drunk, he was looking at the lighter that Rose Mary had gotten for him for Christmas, and lit the Christmas tree on fire. Everything was destroyed. All of the presents, the tree, everything.

When I had read that it had reminded me of a few christmas's I have had. Three years in a row I had the flu. I wasn't able to go and see either side of my family which I never get to see in the first place and I was stuck in a bed, in the dark because of my migraine, trying to eat food without throwing it up and my Christmas's were just ruined. The past Christmas would have also been ruined if I hadn't of gone to the hospital. I had strap throat and couldn't swollow anything until I went to the hospital and they gave me a steroid pill so I could eat my Christmas dinner.


Jeannettes Christmas tree


No comments:

Post a Comment